A David Thomson review refers to the “Dingo ate my baby” subgenre of films. Sitting here in Bali, I’ve generated some script ideas for upbeat family-oriented versions of the subgenre:
1. Dingo takes my baby, changes mind, gives baby to lactating gorilla.
2. Dingo takes my baby, trades her to old sow for suckling pig. Piglets are cruel to my baby due to her lack of a snout.
3. Dingo takes baby, loses interest, baby joins dingo playgroup, eventually comes home on all fours and doesn’t tolerate highchair well after that at all.
4. Yes, baby gets eaten, but some interesting menu ideas are included.
5. Dingo takes my baby, raises her to the age of fourteen, at which point my baby tells her I hate you I hate you I hate my real mom too whoever she is, and then she goes down to the mall to hang with her buds.